everyone should have the right to choose who they want to ma

Please discuss issues concerning the Ducati League here. This is the liaison between league players and the league council.
sussi
Private First Class
Private First Class

everyone should have the right to choose who they want to ma

Post by sussi »

I red it earlier and it was stated in another contect, but i think its so also valid.
I believe that everyone should have the right to choose who they want to match and when.
Thats a good point. ESp. in the past some teams had a team order not to play matches without the teamleader. IMHO thats rude. I suggest to add to the rules the topic "everyone should have the right to choose who they want to match and where, Teamleader are not allowed to give orders to interdict matches for league player. " Another point is that of course for rooky players he schould say if he is ready to match or not.
Last edited by sussi on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

How teams are run, is not something that the league should decide. If players dont like the rules set by their leader, they can either try to change them or find anohter team.

I see no reason that the league should do "micro-management" for everything in the league. After all, even if we have these rules, nobody can force the teamleader to accept them. She/he is the one being able to kick players off the team, whenever she/he belives is needed, for whatever (rude or not rude) reason.
I don't need huge pictures here.
mistake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mistake »

Thats a good point. ESp. in the past some teams had a team order not to play matches without the teamleader. IMHO thats rude. I suggest to add to the rules the topic "everyone should have the right to choose who they want to match and where, Teamleader are not allowed to give orders to interdict matches for league player.
Me thinks you have somewhat missinterpreted the following quote
I believe that everyone should have the right to choose who they want to match and when.
This quote was made in the context of "if team may refuse a match".
I had my share of people refusing matches soley depending on who of my and their team playes. But that is a completely different point and it is rude to hijack someone elses quote for a complete different point to make. How a team is led is up to the team and the team leader as [dmp]y stated.
If you are refering to team HoW in past, in that they hardly matched without Death Barrel, then it was not the teamleaders decision, he actually encouraged them to play. It was some members that seem to not wanting to match without him. And though I have not always liked that, the following is still true:
I believe that everyone should have the right to choose who they want to match and when
mistake
sussi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sussi »

okay i erase the quote, but i dont change my meaning, that teamorders leads to inactivity for parts of the teams.
SportChick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SportChick »

I have to agree with [dmp]. It is not in the purview of the council to regulate how teams are managed from within. While I, as a team leader, would NEVER presume to tell my team not to match without checking with me first (in fact, quite the opposite - I encourage them to take any match they can find), I also realize some teams don't work that way.

Players are free to change teams at will. They can very simply voice their opinion of a team leader by leaving.
Xell
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: everyone should have the right to choose who they want t

Post by Xell »

sussi wrote:I suggest to add to the rules the topic "everyone should have the right to choose who they want to match and where, Teamleader are not allowed to give orders to interdict matches for league player. " .
I agree with [dmp] and SportChick, that is not a good idea. The league itself should interfere as little as possible with the teams and the players. Only when it would not work without it. But, like SC said, you're not caged in one team, no teamleader can give you instructions. If you comply with them, it's your own fault.
tokimi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tokimi »

Hence the old addage, "vote with your feet." Play for a team that you fit in
with, instead of the council regulating every one's team lives.
The very young do not always do as they are told, and the very old never listen any way.
Talisman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Talisman »

I think freedom is very important. If somebody tells you what to do and what not to do, then you know its time for revolution #9.
sussi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sussi »

First after reading mistakes post, i thought: omg i highjacked his threat.
But after some time i start to understand he posted a grat idea.
that idea works in his context in mine and in general. It's simple and important, but it sounds stupid like my democracy request. So lets vote against with our feets.
goblin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by goblin »

I agree with [dmp], SportChick, ...

Apart from the fact that the council shouldn't manage teams (as opposed to managing the league, which is the environment in which teams operate), I can't see how the council should be able to enforce this rule. How could they ever investigate a report about a teamleader breaking this rule?

goblin
Tank you!
Admirarch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Admirarch »

Sting Operations!!!

..just ignore me.
sussi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sussi »

What i want to see is, just to add that headline to the rules, not more or less. It's a rule which as any rule, not manage teams or. It only clarify the common basics. Every comunity needs some basics of understanding, some call it charter some call it differently. Otherwise it is only a grassroot organisation and that the level where that comunity act, at very low level.
goblin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by goblin »

sussi wrote:What i want to see is, just to add that headline to the rules, not more or less. It's a rule which as any rule, not manage teams or. It only clarify the common basics. Every comunity needs some basics of understanding, some call it charter some call it differently.
I don't want to see this added as "a headline to the rules".

The points are still the same:
:arrow: If team leaders are told how to manage their teams by this rule, then you take away management competence from the team leaders, you force ducati council to "micro-manage" and you force a controlling task upon the council. I don't see any upsides on any of these.
:arrow: I think most of us can handle a discussion about what rules to have in our respective teams. If a team leader enforces a rule that says he has to participate in every league match, then maybe he has a good reason for it - and then let the group dynamics inside the team do their job, and let him argue his reasons.
:arrow: Team members are free to abandon teams with rules they don't like. Then they can form their own team or join an existing team.

goblin
Tank you!
goblin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by goblin »

sussi wrote:Otherwise it is only a grassroot organisation and that the level where that comunity act, at very low level.
We're playing an Open Source game on the Internet, hiding behind cryptic callsigns.
How much more "grassroot" can it get ;-)

goblin
Tank you!