Ghost Flag / Imposter Flag

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Tankie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Ghost Flag / Imposter Flag

Post by Tankie »

Like a stealth and cloaking flag put together. Total invisibility. Only lasts for about 15 shots though.

Or an Imposter Flag. The tank shows on on both radar and HUD as a teammate.
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

The "ghost" falg is too powerful.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

as would be the imposter flag... it would need to flux now and then so people know that you are just that, an imposter. by flux, i mean on the radar, and on screen, it needs to flash to your normal color now and then. but to your teammates, i think it should be the same as if you were the enemy, so theyll shoot you, killing off a bit of its powerful portion, making you more or less a rogue..

and ghost, way to powerful since shot limits are set by commands or map settings or config, so it would defy the point, if they set it to 99 and no one sees you at all. all up to the way a person interprets it though
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

it might be cool to have a reverse-masquerade flag like that, where you show as an enemy to your teammates.

or maybe a radar-masking flag where you show as a teammate on radar, but not in HUD.

the ghost flag would be too powerful though.
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

or maybe a radar-masking flag where you show as a teammate on radar, but not in HUD.
Yes, I'd like to see that flag. I figure that it would complement masquerade the same way stealth and cloak complement each other.

[ edit : one problem : if someone puts you on hunt because they see you have that flag, then they could use the hunt flash to make you out as an imposter on radar. Maybe the flag should also make your tank "hunt resistant" for the life of the flag. ]
"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin paid; mostly only when I'm gettin paid. But eating people alive, when does that get fun?"
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Ghost Flag / Imposter Flag

Post by tw1sted »

Tankie wrote:Like a stealth and cloaking flag put together. Total invisibility. Only lasts for about 15 shots though.

Or an Imposter Flag. The tank shows on on both radar and HUD as a teammate.
i belive Tim Riker stated hat their sall be no flag that causes someone to die without being able to see them in the field or in the radar. somewhat like a mine that is not visible in the feild or in the radar...

i like the idea though
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

According to the wiki's flag list, someone is already implementing the Klingon Cloak flag. It would make you completely invisible, but unable to shoot.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

that klingon flag would be good for ctf.

i agree that the ghost flag would be too powerfull, unless there were an abundance of seer flags.
I am a leaf on the wind.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

L4: that wiki page hasn't been updated for yonks. i wouldn't believe it if i were you.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Tankie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tankie »

Ok, then maybe a Super flag that would allow you to combine two flags together. Like a SB and an OO combined.

WG with a SW

BU with a MG

And certain flags would be incompatable (CL with ST, any two types of bullets at once.)
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

Tankie wrote:Ok, then maybe a Super flag that would allow you to combine two flags together. Like a SB and an OO combined.

WG with a SW

BU with a MG

And certain flags would be incompatable (CL with ST, any two types of bullets at once.)
That'd be too powerful IMO.....

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

yeah, those flags would be too powerfull. unless they have counter flags like laser has cloaking and gm has stealth.
I am a leaf on the wind.
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

Tanner wrote:That'd be too powerful IMO.....
-Tanner
I agree, some flags are already on the edge of too powerful. And which flags those are depends very, very heavily on the map, style of play, and the population.

People aren't fighting for their country here, they're playing for fun. When a battle becomes lopsided, there's no "protecting the homeland" emotion that makes you stay and fight to the end. Instead, after a while, people just leave. There's too many maps, too many servers to choose from, to duke it out with a guy that just has your number and keeps killing you again and again... And if that guy has laser/CL/ST/OO/WG all at once, you realize very quickly that you are needed elsewhere and you move on to another map after about the second shot.

In a "perfect world", maybe you have a handicap system, where people with the lowest scores have access to multi-flags and higher scoring players don't thus evening out the field... but that detracts from the original "founder's intent" of a simpler game.

One that would be interesting is a "concealed wepaon" map, where you don't know, and can't tell what flag the others have... but it's equal... no one knows, not just select players.
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

Sky King wrote:maybe you have a handicap system, where people with the lowest scores have access to multi-flags and higher scoring players don't thus evening out the field
that would keep the lower scoring players from getting better. i, and im sure every1 else, sucked when i started playing. i actually didn't like bzflag cuz i couldn't kill any1. but i kept playing and got better. if you ahve a handicap for those players, they wont ever get better, they'll just rely on the super flags. (tho some ppl do that already...)
I am a leaf on the wind.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Ghost flag is pretty much too powerful for most people's tastes. Maybe try the same thing on a server with _radarLimit 0 and only cloaking flags or something.

As for the imposter flag, I've thought of something similar quite a bit. Masquerade does the HUD illusion, and, as you put it, the Imposter flag does the radar change. However, like Masquerade it's shot color on radar would still be it's original color. For example, blue tank picks up the Imposter flag, if it shoots at a green tank that's not paying attention, its shots will still be blue on radar.

I like your ideas.
G-MAN
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Location, Location, Location. This house has it all.

Post by G-MAN »

Ther're good ideas, but if someone had it, well they would be on a rampage. Maybe a little tweaking.
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

Hmm. I do think that combining flags would be interesting. But not two superflags. Instead, you could get a good flag and a bad flag. And maybe useless.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
Tankie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tankie »

If everyone had multiple superflags then the combat would be even. It's not like only a couple players are going to have access to the flags. If everyone had access to the flags the game would be fair.
pulco-citron
Private
Private

Post by pulco-citron »

My proposal to make your "Ghost" flag acceptable.

It would be a ST+CL, but only partially for both flags. Let me explain:
- you're not cloaked but only half-transparent
- you're not invisible on radar, but you appear with a much less noticeable color (much darker, a bit like [nr] tanks, or with a color almost similar to a building)

The goal is to make you still very visible for tanks that really want to shot you but to give you a slight edge on crowded servers. This flag could also be called "Discretion" (DI) or "The Shadow" (TS)...