Discussions about the various leagues
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

old leagues, new leagues, my league?

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

i just created a league and guess what? I AM THE CHAMP OF IT
amazing....

folks, leagues don't mean much anymore if there are 20 of them.
keep it simple, keep it real, name a champ for a year.

as posted before:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
one day of games on simplest format: 4-6 tanks per round, ducati two shot rico: add teleporters to speed it maybe?

many tanks, many servers, many rounds of eliminations....
last tank alive wins...

after thinking about it...

no jumping for laggers (250ms limit), only two shots for those sprayers, oh yeah and that acceleration limit thingy for jitter bug mousers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mistake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mistake »

I think lagger starts at 150ms :P
mistake
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

mistake wrote:I think lagger starts at 150ms :P
not really the point...
Homer23
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Homer23 »

Ok :lol: whats the website?
Cheers

-H23-
the sorting hat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the sorting hat »

Yeah whats the website?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Sellotaped to Stupidity wrote:Yeah whats the website?
You guys don't get it:

He is saying that having tons of BZ leagues is dumb... anf that we shoud stick to 3 or 4 leagues at max.

We should not have 10+ leagues like it seems now...
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

All these "wow-I-am-so-cool-if-I-found-my-own-league"-thingies die after a few active days. Normally. Even pillbox can be considered dead.

There is nothing that can be taken serious besides GU and ducati. *hehe* :twisted:
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Win Xp wrote:
Sellotaped to Stupidity wrote:Yeah whats the website?
You guys don't get it:

He is saying that having tons of BZ leagues is dumb... anf that we shoud stick to 3 or 4 leagues at max.

We should not have 10+ leagues like it seems now...
oh, his wroding made it seem like he made a league....

and saturos, i know what your saying...
just dont create a league just to be cool and to gain respect
goblin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Nice advice!

Post by goblin »

A Heart Attack wrote: just dont create a league just to be cool and to gain respect
Wow! I can gain respect and be cool if I make my own league? Great!

[running off to create new league]
Tank you!
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: old leagues, new leagues, my league?

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

sn0w_m0nkey wrote:i just created a league and guess what? I AM THE CHAMP OF IT
amazing....

folks, leagues don't mean much anymore if there are 20 of them.
keep it simple, keep it real, name a champ for a year.

as posted before:
one day of games on simplest format: 4-6 tanks per round, ducati two shot rico: add teleporters to speed it maybe?

many tanks, many servers, many rounds of eliminations....
last tank alive wins...

after thinking about it...

no jumping for laggers (250ms limit), only two shots for those sprayers, oh yeah and that acceleration limit thingy for jitter bug mousers

i was being sarcastic about "my league"
but c'mon tankers ... there are just too many leagues.

why just today i was asked to join two different teams, when i said i was on one already then the tankers told that the teams were in different leagues....

too many leagues, why can't there just be one ONE LEAGUE??
the players/teams can still be different styles and play on different maps could they not?

to what end are these leagues being created for? are they supposed to produce some sort of champion team or player???

there has only one been one champion of BZFlag so far, and his tank alias was "Blaster" and it was a tourney held years ago.
loophole
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by loophole »

while were at it why can't there just be one server and everyone plays on it. And everyone should just play bzflag and no other games.
the players/teams can still be different styles and play on different maps could they not?
Well if you wanted that to be the case you'd have to start a new league. :lol:
to what end are these leagues being created for? are they supposed to produce some sort of champion team or player???
Hopefully they are created for to have fun! There doesn't need to be an end.
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

Cosmol wrote:
while were at it why can't there just be one server and everyone plays on it. And everyone should just play bzflag and no other games.
Well if you wanted that to be the case you'd have to start a new league. :lol:
Hopefully they are created for to have fun! There doesn't need to be an end.
did you start your own league? if you did then why?

not trying to force people to play one style either...

you do not need a new league to play different servers or styles, thats kinda dumb really.
people want to compete in many play styles that is just fine, however there can not be a bzflag team/individual champion with 15 leagues...the word "league" itself is over used at this time.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: old leagues, new leagues, my league?

Post by Spazzy McGee »

sn0w_m0nkey wrote: there has only one been one champion of BZFlag so far, and his tank alias was "Blaster" and it was a tourney held years ago.
[A Bit OT] Well hello, there's an idea. Why don't we hold a champion of bzflag tournament held once a year, and we can add a bzflag wiki page documenting the previous winners. It would be like an FFA or Rabbit Tournament, everyone joins a big pipe server and battles it out for 1 hour, the winner takes it all.

/me rushes off to make plans.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

There ought to be just one league... and for matches, let the teams decide together how they want to play, what server, what map, etc.
loophole
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by loophole »

did you start your own league? if you did then why?
no, because there are already lots of leagues. But I am not going to complain that there are too many. You are free to participate or not participate as you wish.
you do not need a new league to play different servers or styles, thats kinda dumb really.
Well all the popular leagues either run one map/style or only a few map choices. Soooo you'd have to start your own. Dumb? probably.
people want to compete in many play styles that is just fine, however there can not be a bzflag team/individual champion with 15 leagues
well that's just TS, there will never be one "ultimate bzflag champion" because there are so many different ways to play bz.
birdie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by birdie »

tried to suggest this some time ago..

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=8160
openleague
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by openleague »

TangenT wrote:There ought to be just one league... and for matches, let the teams decide together how they want to play, what server, what map, etc.
There is such a league where you can decide how u play, what server and what map the openleague ;)
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

then why don't we make Openleague the one official league?

There wouldn't be a whole lot of (sensible) disagreement with that, would there?

A league with choices like that is the best way to do things, IMO.

Feel free to disagree, though. I'm just saying what I think.
birdie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by birdie »

There wouldn't be a whole lot of (sensible) disagreement with that, would there?
there would..believe me, thats an idea that cant be worked out at all...
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

just make it an official league. I'm not saying other leagues can't exist. Just have one to be the official one, the flagship, if you will.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

TangenT wrote:just make it an official league. I'm not saying other leagues can't exist. Just have one to be the official one, the flagship, if you will.
BZFlag is "open source" and there are really no "Official" BZFlag things other than the source code and possibly few assorted websites (and I am not even sure which are official and which are not except for this Forum, if it even is). I would be hard pressed to name a league that has been around for 2 months (I may be slightly off on this, but it isn't MUCH longer I don't think) as THE "Official" league, anyway. Other leagues have been around for a long, long time and have proven that they can survive. Many leagues come and go. Many are flash in the pan types that have a lot of activity early, but cannot sustain themselves. Openleague looks like it is off to a good start (congrats) but is longevity is yet to be seen.
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

openleague wrote:
TangenT wrote:There ought to be just one league... and for matches, let the teams decide together how they want to play, what server, what map, etc.
There is such a league where you can decide how u play, what server and what map the openleague ;)
openleague is a good start and the format is fine. TangenT makes the point of this thread.

maybe this "official" forum could be used to matches/standings instead of 15 websites for 15 leagues eh?