DW: PlayerName - Use to warn players not to kill you

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!

DeathWish Command

Should be a *real* BZflag Command
8%
Awesome
8%
No-Go bro, sorry.
83%

Total votes: 12

TheAdventMaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

DW: PlayerName - Use to warn players not to kill you

Post by TheAdventMaster »

Here is what I feel is a very useful command towards players. It's called, DeathWish. You simply type up the command in a server and hit enter. Here's the syntax:

Code: Select all

Usage:
DW (or DeathWish): Player Name, Condition

Parameters:
DEATHWISH (or DW), Name of Command

PLAYER NAME, name of the player you wish to warn.

CONDITION,  The conditions to be set/unset in order for the player to be allowed to kill again, without the risk of being hunted for it.
Here is a little more information on the DeathWish command:
DeathWish command is to be spoken either privately to the player, or to all. When you use the DeathWish to warn a player, you are warning that player NOT TO KILL YOU again until either the condition you set is reached, or they drop their flag (if no condition is set). Otherwise they will be hunted for a period of time chosen by the person/people warning the player.

When spoken privately to the player, it is a direct warning to them. Speaking to ALL people in the server indicates you wish for multiple people to warn that player that they will be hunted if they continue mass killing. You agree with the DW simple by typing in Agree or DW. No need to disagree. You are obviously not joining in if you won't hunt the person.

Useful for when you're sick of people owning using a certain super-flag, and you want to tell them to stop owning you with it, or else you'll be on their ass all day. Really meant to be used towards asshats and such, but no standards have been set yet.
Me and a friend thought it would be nice to ask other's opinion on it, so the word gets around by what we/other people mean when the words DeathWish appear with a player's name proceding it.

We used it to warn players to just let us go by and we will leave them alone.

It's also a good lesson to people with superflags/team killers, that it doesn't make them invincible, especially when other people join in the hunt. The condition doesn't have to be the flag drop either, so if other players agree, they'll so on learn how little a one-time superflag spree really means.
I will live forever, or die trying.
Much to live for, but something to die for.
I'm a pirate. Live it up.
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

that's a rather useless command. you can just tell them to stop owning, and you can easily gather 'forces' under a truce to kill him with words. you dont need a new command to do this.
I am a leaf on the wind.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

This would be useless. The peopel that will use this most are probaly people that can't play well, and if you can play well, why would you need to tell them not to kill you? Why tell them not to kill you anyway?
TheAdventMaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheAdventMaster »

that's a rather useless command. you can just tell them to stop owning, and you can easily gather 'forces' under a truce to kill him with words. you dont need a new command to do this.
It was a fake command. I never wished it to actually be implemented.

Now that I think about it, it was pretty lame :D I just say, "DeathWish, Player Name" every now and then because I thought it was kinda cool lol :P
I will live forever, or die trying.
Much to live for, but something to die for.
I'm a pirate. Live it up.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

lame :-P

one reason I don't like it... if they are really good with their flag then you just gave them a ton of points with a deathwish...

Kinda like saying "let's become Kamikazes trying to kill this guy"
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

BinarySpike wrote:lame :-P

one reason I don't like it... if they are really good with their flag then you just gave them a ton of points with a deathwish...

Kinda like saying "let's become Kamikazes trying to kill this guy"
LOL, very true.

That's kind of like carrying an opposing team's flag in a CTF-style game. Everyone on the other team flocks to you, and you can kill them all (assuming you're a really good player). :P