Sticky (SK), Marker (MA) and Flag Catcher (FC) Flags

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sticky (SK), Marker (MA) and Flag Catcher (FC) Flags

Post by dartman »

Sticky Flag (SK)

By jumping on a wall, your tank can stick to that surface. You can aim the turret up and down, but onl with thise falg, and you lose yor abilities to move. And you can't swivel the gun from side to side, you can only aim up-and down. You can leave the wall by jumping off. I know Tim Riker, Jeff, and others have said that they want to keep out the turrets that you can lift, but I think if restricted in this manner it should still be fair.

Marker (MA)

This flag doesn't kill tanks by itself. However, if you shoot it, it will fire out a strange-looking glowing sphere (different from your bullets as it it's glowing kinda fades in and out, but it's a similar color, size,and shape) that can stick to tanks. It will continute glowing there. Then, if someone shoots this spot, not only will it kill the tank, but it will unleash an SW about half the size of a normal SW, killing the surrounding tanks as well.

Flag Catcher (FC)

Ever had the Thief flag and tried to shoot and random flags on the ground to see if you could pick them up? With Flag Catcher, you can shoot at a flag farther off and automatically pick it up. it only works on unused flags, though, not tanks who are already holding flags.
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

Sticky Flag (SK)

Probaly too complicated to code as the turrents now don't move.

Marker (MA)

Uhh... Too complicated to understand and/or use.

Flag Catcher (FC)

Grab a high speed. :P

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

Stick Flag (SK)
Probably won't happend
Marker (MA)
I don't like this idea. Besides, what will it look like? A part of the texture of the tank? A sphere? After all, the normal bullets are 2D, and sticking them on tanks might not look good.
Flag Catcher (FC)
Not useful by itself. If it were added to a theif flag though, that might be good. It could trade places with the flag you are aiming at. Also, it would make it harder to steal flags, because if the tank is behind a flag you would get that flag, rather than the tank's flag. Might be hard to code, though.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

i personally like the third flag idea better. The first 2 are cool, but probably wont happen. The third seems doable, and i agree with Mostly Harmless! in the fact that it should be combined with the Theif flag
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Mostly Harmless! wrote:Marker (MA)
I don't like this idea. Besides, what will it look like? A part of the texture of the tank? A sphere? After all, the normal bullets are 2D, and sticking them on tanks might not look good.
It will be a sphere, looking similar to a normal bullet. But I guess in 3D, or something like that. It would look like a little ball, but it would glow in and out. Kinda some radioactive thing, I guess.
G-MAN
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Location, Location, Location. This house has it all.

Post by G-MAN »

But who would get the kill? The person who shot the marker or the person who shot the sweet spot?
Ck_asdf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ck_asdf »

Or how about this instead of a marker flag... a remote detonation flag? He, he... You pick up the flag, and then try to hit someone with the explosive, and then your flag inventory changes to display remote detonator. Then, whenever you want to blow up that tank, you could
A) shoot
B) drop the detonator (space / middle click)
C) press a key on the keyboard
D) something else?

I like either B or C, so you could still shoot other people while waiting for the right time to detonate. You could possibly wait for others to be close to be included in the explosion - I guess for that, the explosive would look like a shock wave when going off. Best yet, the SW could be of the same color as the person who shot the explosive at the victim's tank.

Also, if you miss the person, then you could go run over the explosive to pick it back up to try again.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

^Nah, that gets rid of the point of the flag. Its about aiming and firing at just the right spot so you get a little extra something from your work.
G-MAN wrote:But who would get the kill? The person who shot the marker or the person who shot the sweet spot?
The marker is the sweet spot when it lands on a tank.
Ck_asdf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ck_asdf »

dartman wrote:
G-MAN wrote:But who would get the kill? The person who shot the marker or the person who shot the sweet spot?
The marker is the sweet spot when it lands on a tank.
No, they were saying "the person who attached the marker, or the person who shot the marker?"

I'd imagine it'd be the person who shot the marker... so if the person who attached it wants that point, they'd better shoot it fast.

And my idea with remote detonation would also be about precise shooting - because first, you have to get the bomb on the tank. Then from there, ka-boom.
TheAdventMaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheAdventMaster »

Very good question.
I will live forever, or die trying.
Much to live for, but something to die for.
I'm a pirate. Live it up.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

^And the answer: the person who shot the marker.
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

If the person who shot the marker get the point, why would I shoot on it and lose my point?
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

You wouldn't necessarily lose your point. You could shoot the tank again really fast, or maybe the tank will still have the marker stuck on him the next time you come around. And then if you do hit the marker, you're rewarded more points for the enemy tanks inside the SW.
DJ Atomica
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DJ Atomica »

Or maybe the person who shot the Marker gets two (or one) points if someone shoots the Marker on (not onto) the tank and then the person who shot the Marker on (not onto) the tank would get one point plus a point for all other tanks. ;)
DJ Atomica.........Scratching the records! :twisted:

Skype me! Skype name is "dj.atomica"!
ryan9559
Private
Private

Post by ryan9559 »

Sticky flag to hard and no one wants to be stuck on a wall marker flag dont under stand flag catcher just get highspeed or drive over
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

Lego Kid wrote:Sticky flag to hard and no one wants to be stuck on a wall marker flag dont under stand flag catcher just get highspeed or drive over
The way I understand them:

The marker flag would be like explosive paint in a paint ball... I shoot it at you, and it "paints" your tank with explosive paint. Once you've been hit by it, you have to stay away from friendlies becuase if you are hit, your exploding tank will kill people near you.

The Flag Catcher flag combines THief with IDentify flags... You can see what a flag is that you are pointing at, even if it is far away, and if it is one you want, then you shoot at that flag and you get it.

I think the idea is that often, if you get thief, you end up kind of loitering around waiting for someone to pick up a flag that you want... this way, you could go get a desirable flag that you needed for a specific situation without waiting for someone else to pick it up, and without driving aimlessly around with the ID flag.
Ellri Nidhogg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ellri Nidhogg »

The second one is a bad idea but a variation might work.

- It could be a flag that when fired drops a yellow healing colored flag (or maybe just a flag without a star) that if someone else picks up they die.
too much loving
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by too much loving »

Sky King wrote:
The Flag Catcher flag combines THief with IDentify flags... You can see what a flag is that you are pointing at, even if it is far away, and if it is one you want, then you shoot at that flag and you get it.
Even without IDentify, the flag catcher could end up being effective in capture the flag games. Drop the flag close to your base and use it whenever a teammate has stolen an enemy flag. (Of course that requires you to convince him to drop the enemy flag in a suitable place)
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

Flag Catcher = Long Range Theif + Right Click?

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Flag Catcher - I don't get it. How would it be different than identify other than having to drive over and pick up the flag. With the number of flags on the usual map it would be useless. You would not be able to get a clear line-of-site to most flags on the map and then there are the usual issues with ID . Even with identify you have issues with flags close to each other, with FC it would not only be flags grouped together, it would be flags in the same general direction too.
Ellri Nidhogg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ellri Nidhogg »

Its not like an identify its a compoundment to theif (it takes from opponents and ground flags)
chickin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chickin »

I think the marker would be very deadly at boxy... think, if somone had MA and they cap'ed the flag, you would just sit and shoot twice to kill all the reds :wink: :)

Chickin.
:<>

PS: i think its a good idie