20 min matches

Please discuss issues concerning the Ducati League here. This is the liaison between league players and the league council.
birdie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

20 min matches

Post by birdie »

ok the council decided for having 15 + 30min matches some time ago. My question is: why not allowing 20 to?

Some people like the full 30min, others like shorter ones to or also for people who are timelimitted somethimes -> 15min.

A good "deal" between those 2 times is allowing 20minutes. I have no idea what the problem was that that time didnt got through to allow..

If the problem was that there will troubles about agreeing about the time..most of us are big enough to talk about that wisely. And even if people arent, problems will go away after some time once the "new" is over...

birdie
strayer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by strayer »

That's a good question. When there is the possibility to change the length of matches, only the min. or max. time should be given. It doesn't really matter if it's allowed to play 15, 16, 17,..., 29, 30 minutes. As long as a 15min match has the same weighting as a 30min match, I don't see a reason why 20min shouldn't be allowed.

<strayer>
A pessimist is an optimist with experience... ;o)
sussi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sussi »

As long as a 15min match has the same weighting as a 30min match
but why so keen for the same wheight? A shorter match has a higher effectivness, same points in a shorter time.
plasma kaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plasma kaz »

I agree with birdie, we can usually work out what works best during a match. There for i think 20 mins, 25 mins, what ever the time should be allowed 8)
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

beanpole Look at the date of the thread. This is an old topic, and there have already been a decision which also have been implemented.
I don't need huge pictures here.