Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

3 Quick easy strategies to improve your playing

Post by Legolas_ »

Do not jump
When you jump, you become an easy target

1-When possible, dodge the bullets, moving your mouse left, right, forward, and backwards (wherever the bullets aren’t heading) instead of jumping.

2-Sometimes you have the urge to jump when bullets aren't even close to you. Try to watch where the bullets go before jumping, if you can dodge them do so, and then fire at your opponent.

3-If you MUST jump ( this happens in our league a little, especially against T.B.O ;] ), try to jump either over the tank that is firing at you or jump on a building.

4- You should also practice dodging in servers that have jumping disabled, such as the Ducati and HoW servers.

Smart shooting
Works only on 3 shot servers

Fire 2 shots - one on each side of the target - (s)he will usually turn and try to race away horizontally from you.

Keep your 3rd shot, then fire it at your opponent when (s)he is backing up and starting to turn back to fire on you.

When you must jump

First, make sure you cannot dodge the shots coming towards you. Then (if the attacker is close enough) shoot 2 shots and jump towards your opponent, turning 45° at the same time. when you land you will be facing your opponent and he will not know what happens when you hit him in the back.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

s/45°/180°/
Last edited by CannonBallGuy on Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

SO many people always do tha to me! :shock: I'm never sure how they manage to end up shooting me behind but now I'm prepared to do it bak to them... :D :wink:
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
-George Carlin

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
-George Carlin

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
-Yogi Berra

Better a broken promise than none at all.
-Mark Twain
mistake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mistake »

Smart shooting
Works only on 3 shot servers
I can shoot smart on 2 shot servers :roll:

And for somebody discouraging from jumping, a lot of your points have to do with jumping
mistake
Tankie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tankie »

And it took me a while to figure this out: Shoot where a tank WILL be-- not where it IS. If a tank is moving perpendicular to you, shoot ahead of the tank in a spray pattern so that if he stops or goes backwards, it will be harder for him to dodge your bullets.

But if the tank is LANDING next to you, imagine the arc path that the tank is on, and then fire a STEADY STREAM of bullets at the spot the tank will land.

And if you have to jump, rotate in the air so that when you land, you are facing the opposing player. Of course if the other player is following rule #1 above, you are out of luck anyways. :-P

Also you should try to jump as soon as the opponent shoots, not right before his bullets hit you. That way if he uses up all his bullets you can shoot him as he's waiting to reload.
Chaldon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Chaldon »

1 day later I got all those... but I still havn't learned the guided missle. or GM. what is the right key?
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

it's the right mouse button.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Or the I key. But if you're a mouse player, like me, then it's the right mouse button, as said above.
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

You can also drive backwards or forward when you shoot. Your bullets won't be at the same speed and it's harder to dodge for some people.