Wrongly colored lazers

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
soad freak
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wrongly colored lazers

Post by soad freak »

my friend came over and messed with the settings. Now all my lazers are orange. Wich setting is it I spent alot of time but did not find the right one. All lazers ar orange both teams. Help
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Look at the .png files in the BZFlag data folder (on windows in C:\Program Files\BZFlag2.0.x by default). There are 6 different *_laser.png files in there for the different team colors. My guess is that he made them all the same orange/yellow color png. I have attached the correct png files for you if he messed them up, just replace the ones in your data directory with these.
Attachments
laser png.zip
(2 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
soad freak
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by soad freak »

replie its somthing to do with the setting in oprins in bz flag and i dont reallyg get waht yure saying
Brave Sir Robin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Brave Sir Robin »

Even if you're 100% sure it's with settings, try this (this is what he was saying) - it won't mess up anything if this isn't the problem:
1. Go to your BZFlag directory (Probably C:\Program Files\BZFlag2.0.8 ) Assuming you are using Windows, go Start->Run and type "C:\Program Files\BZFlag2.0.8"
2. Open/Doubleclick the "Data" folder
3. Open/Doubleclick, say, "blue_laser.png" (or whatever_laser.png, blue is just the one at the top).
4. What color is the picture that comes up? If it's blue, then it's something with settings. If it's orange, then do what Donny_Baker said above. That is:
___1. Download the .zip file he provided somewhere accessible (like the desktop)
___2. Assuming WinXP, right-click and Extract All...
___3. When the wizard thing pops up, type (or copy/paste) "C:\Program Files\BZFlag2.0.8\data" (or wherever your BZFlag data folder is) and click next, next, next, etc...until it's finished. Don't view the folder at the end.
___4. If the blue_laser.png above was orange, then your lasers should be fixed. Otherwise, this won't help OR HURT.

And thanks, Donny, for posting a zip so I didn't have to. :)
“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.”
-Oscar Wilde

Image Image Image Image
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Brave Sir Robin wrote:Even if you're 100% sure it's with settings, try this (this is what he was saying) - it won't mess up anything if this isn't the problem:
1. Go to your BZFlag directory (Probably C:\Program Files\BZFlag2.0.8 ) Assuming you are using Windows, go Start->Run and type "C:\Program Files\BZFlag2.0.8"
2. Open/Doubleclick the "Data" folder
3. Open/Doubleclick, say, "blue_laser.png" (or whatever_laser.png, blue is just the one at the top).
4. What color is the picture that comes up? If it's blue, then it's something with settings. If it's orange, then do what Donny_Baker said above. That is:
___1. Download the .zip file he provided somewhere accessible (like the desktop)
___2. Assuming WinXP, right-click and Extract All...
___3. When the wizard thing pops up, type (or copy/paste) "C:\Program Files\BZFlag2.0.8\data" (or wherever your BZFlag data folder is) and click next, next, next, etc...until it's finished. Don't view the folder at the end.
___4. If the blue_laser.png above was orange, then your lasers should be fixed. Otherwise, this won't help OR HURT.

And thanks, Donny, for posting a zip so I didn't have to. :)
Thank you for your clear explanation of what I meant. :P

If you are certain it is a setting, and I am not. You can delete your config.cfg file without hurting the game either. Config.cfg holds all of your configuration settings. The file is in your "My Documents\My BZFlag Files\2.0" folder. Just delete this file and all of your customized configuration settings will be gone and the defaults will be put back in place.
Brave Sir Robin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Brave Sir Robin »

The only setting I can find is this one:
#set laserTexture laser
and is the # a comment, or something else?
Either way, it would require messing with those files that I mentioned.
“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.”
-Oscar Wilde

Image Image Image Image
soad freak
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by soad freak »

sry Mac
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Then *right* (ctrl, click) click on the BZFlag icon in the Applcations folder, and pick "show package contents", then:

Contents -> Resources -> paste in the images that are in donnys zip file.

(That is a intel mac, possibly, maybe it is different on a PPC)
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

no, it's exactly the same throuought every Mac OS X release.

soad freak: when you paste/drage those images across, you may get a box querying if you want to replace the images currently there. If so jus click "replace" or "replace all".

An alternative solution to all of this would be to just trash BZFlag and start again.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
soad freak
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by soad freak »

this did not work I am 100% sure that is is in the setting. Thanks for tying though
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

donny_baker wrote:If you are certain it is a setting, and I am not. You can delete your config.cfg file without hurting the game either. Config.cfg holds all of your configuration settings. The file is in your "My Documents\My BZFlag Files\2.0" folder. Just delete this file and all of your customized configuration settings will be gone and the defaults will be put back in place.
Did you do this? If you did, it is not in the settings. Deleting the config.cfg file puts all of the settings back to first install state.
soad freak
Private First Class
Private First Class

thank you

Post by soad freak »

It worked. Just I had to make my own settings again thank you all
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

I had this happen to me before. You don't need to screw around reinstalling BZ or anything. Go to the Options menu and select the one that has stuff dealing ith graphics settings (I forgot what it was called). Then change the settings in there to be more advanced. You should get the laser color back to normal.