ducati classic style map

Please discuss issues concerning the Ducati League here. This is the liaison between league players and the league council.

would u like a ducati classic style map?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:49 pm

yes
53%
no
47%

Total votes: 17

sussi
Private First Class
Private First Class

ducati classic style map

Post by sussi »

just a proposal!

in the beginning nobody used (like today) high accelerations.
So a server with acc-limit around 20 or below should appear like in the (good) old days. Lets see if the comunity like it.
Port 5156 is spare at the moment, i would suggest use dub:5156 for ducati clssic style map.
bamf.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bamf. »

I might not be understanding you correctly. But, isn't 5154 already set up with accel limitations, as well as all the dub match servers?
It's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says: Hey, can you give me a hand? You can say: Sorry, got these sacks.
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zelgadis »

i like the classic style of duc.:D
Want to improve your skill? Join the http://guleague.org!
sussi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sussi »

every server has ducati-server has a accel limit, but a lower limit would give the appearance like in early days.

Right now we have 6 votes, 66% yes.
Admirarch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Admirarch »

Acceleration limits will not and cannot give a style similar to "The early days". I'm far from an expert on any of this so can anybody correct me if I say something wrong (I know snick has looked into this and maybe meno as well):

Strict acceleration limits effect all players, not just those using what is commonly known as ME. This means that everybody using the server will have a different experience from any idealised view of the past.
Acceleration limits are not effective at checking the effects of high mouse acceleration, for one thing having low fps will remove their effectiveness.

This is really a non issue and wouldn't actually accomplish anything.
menotume
Major General
Major General

Post by menotume »

Admirarch is correct.

A lower -a setting will not do the job. This was tried quite some time ago.

The client program has to be modified in order to go back to the good old days of strategic dodging (not getting into a dangerous situation) instead of responsive dodging.
sussi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sussi »

lets see who is right!!
SportChick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SportChick »

I think this poll is misleading. You ask if we want a "classic style ducati" map, yet from the comments and discussion, it is clear that what you really want to know is whether there is interest in a -20 (acceleration limited) map. I suggest you might consider adjusting your poll question so that it is not misleading.

SC
Kooppers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kooppers »

My 2 cents on this , which is not objective :

As i interpret what is said, this acc. limitation affects all users ..... exepted low fps ones for which it's worse.
So you think it's fair for all having those settings in place ? (cuz not everyones have a computer with great cpu, gpu)

In addition, personnaly (maybe a combo of my connection and pc) those acc. limitations have really bad effect. I'm clearly against those settings.

The only good thing with this is that i have more time for other things than bz .... since i play only when i'm PM'ed for a match, otherwise no fun driving a rockingchair instead of a tank.

Regards.
mistake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mistake »

yummy wrote:As i interpret what is said, this acc. limitation affects all users ..... exepted low fps ones for which it's worse.
So you think it's fair for all having those settings in place ? (cuz not everyones have a computer with great cpu, gpu)
admir wrote:for one thing having low fps will remove their effectiveness.
so yummy, lucky you :p
mistake
tokimi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tokimi »

Why is this even coming back up? Havn't we beaten this issue to death a
million times? Each time we bring this up, we talk about the same issues...
Bring up new points if you want to talk more about this, else let it be.
The very young do not always do as they are told, and the very old never listen any way.
catay
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by catay »

I would rather like to see some non-accel limited servers for ducati league.
There are players that just don't like playing on the accel limited servers because
they find it slow.
If teams want to match .. why not let them decide where to play .. on a limit or
non-limited server.

I know this is a sensitive topic .. but if the two teams that are playing have no
problem with it .. i don't see any issues.
Just give them the choice ...
mistake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mistake »

sussi wrote:Port 5156 is spare at the moment, i would suggest use dub:5156 for ducati clssic style map.
It is not proposed as a general setting for ducati, but the question was merely to have a dead server port use this setting, and for all i care, why the hell not. Nobody needs to play there. Personally, I already have enough difficulties switching between map styles and wouldn't personally want to confuse my self with yet another setting, but it doesnt do any harm.
whether there is interest in a -20 acceleration limited map
I have no clue, is this like even more accel limits, or is it less?
mistake
plasma kaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plasma kaz »

isn't -20 acceleration limit less? I'm not exactly sure..