Menu all scratched out on XP

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
trippoint
Private
Private

Post by trippoint »

Hello,
I installed BZflag version 2.0.8 on Windows XP Professional (Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600).

When I run it the menu and any text that comes on is all scratched out and hence completely unreadable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

I discovered this problem when I was trying to solve a different one: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9011. It was apparently caused when I deleted my "config.cfg" file. Restoring my "config.cfg" file solved the problem. If you have not deleted "config.cfg", then the file may be corrupt. In this case you may want to delete it. Doing this will erase your configuration within the game itself (Callsign, Password, etc. but you can easily re-enter this in information anyway.) By re-entering your configuration settings, a new "config.cfg" file should be created in the place of the old one.

"config.cfg" is located in:

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\Jacob Fishbeck\My Documents\My BZFlag Files\2.0
on my computer anyway.
Hope this helps.

--A Distraction

P.S.- You may have already solved the problem on your own by re-installing BZFlag or by some other method. This is what I would have done if following my advice above did not work. Sorry I didn't post sooner.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Ozor Mox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ozor Mox »

I found that on my laptop this will happen if I set one of the display settings too high. I don't have BZFlag installed here to find out which one, but I think it's the shader setting. It's the one that has options like Nearest Mipmap Nearest and Linear Mipmap Nearest... Setting it to anything linear or above would create the "scratched out" effect on certain objects.