No
70%

Total votes: 10

sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

My strategy at Boxy War

Post by sniper1234 »

If you don't know me I am famous for my SNIPER KABAM at Boxy War. But everyone asks how do u get the flag so fast. I haven't revealed this before but what the heck I will say it!! Ok first you will need to get a laser flag when it is crowded, u need to get to one of the sides of the base and shoot non-stop! LAter u will need some1 on ur team to come their, when they are there shooting you go and drop down, then jump the first wall, without getting in ur partners fire, then you will go around the second one, there will be a lot of ppl there, so start shooting them, when it is clear jump to their base, then jump a level higher where sniping from base occurs, make sure no one is there. THen jump to where cl is, clear evry1 in the base wit laser, until there is no one there. Then take the flag and jump where ur partner is shooting at tell him stop fast, then run and jump the first wall, don't jump again, run around the second wall and wait until the coast is clear and jump it and finish to the spot, but i forgot when ur partner covers u at the start make sure some1 is covering the part where cl is and shooting at the other direction. U get a kabam but then wit some 1 wit sw approach other base, take a osc wit u and hide in the cylinder in the base. When ur partner comes let him shoot 2 times in the base, at boxywar the cylinder will resist sw! Then get the flag and do the same wit the first one or if there is no one at the top jump there and take the big jump to ur base, if u do choice 1 sw has to be behind u, so that there is a distance, not too far not too close. When some 1 comes behind u sw can sw the opponent. When u are ready for the jump let sw shock wave for a distraction then u suddenly jump and finish up. This may sound complex but the hole thing 2 kabams will take about 45 sec. maximum if u do it right. I have done 9 KABAMS in a row and brought red who was in all negatives to numbers of 100's while blue went down to -20 at best. This will work if u do it right!!!!!!!!!
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

Possibly, yes. It is a great idea, but i does have some flaws to it. Here i will list them.

1. When at one of the sides of the base someone from the other corner of the base can still hit you, so you must be alert if there is someone else there. (The left side of the base can still snipe the right and vice versa).

2. Should your partner die, get teamkilled, or just feels like they have better things to do and abandon you, you are all on your own unless there is some other teammate over there to help you.

3. Your sniping partner cannot shoot cloaks with laser. Therefore, anyone with cloaking can chase you and your partner can do nothing,

4. GENO!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: If there is any person on the other team who knows how to geno and does, well then.............

5. Your flag could be capped. (although this wouldn't make very much sense if you were about to be capped but you're still trying to get the other team's flag. You're not exactly helping out your team unless you cap before they do.)

When ur partner comes let him shoot 2 times in the base, at boxywar the cylinder will resist sw!
??? :| :? :shock: :roll:

There are probably more, but i dont feel like writing them. I am probably wrong on one or two because the plan was kinda hard to understand. Good idea, but it isn't flawless.
that exploding tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by that exploding tank »

If I am on the strong team (there is usually a strong and weak team in Boxy War), then I can quickly rack up my score by sniping from the corner. (And no, the corners cannot snipe each other for some strange reason) But if I am on the weak team, then within 30 seconds of me getting on the corner box, a cloaked tank comes and forces me to drop the laser flag.

In essence, this plan would work if you are lucky. Your best bet is to just get a geno flag with a lot of teammates around (be careful not to TK) and just kill them all the time. Then you can infiltrate the base without much trouble.

One more thing, when you refer to the cylinders are you talking about the cones in the middle of each base?
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

I didn't mean at the corners where you get the SW. The ones right next to the base. Those you can do on because i killed another guy on the other side. It has been proven.
Think_Different
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Think_Different »

IMHO,
Strageties never apply to boxywar. Boxywar is basically a geno-camp shooteverywhere kinda place where you dont need to have a stragety to get points. I (also) classify boxywar is mainly an FFA since nobody seems to be capping the flag.
that exploding tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Oh, sry.

In that case, then sniping from the corners (where you get SW) is a whole lot better than sniping from the sides of the base because you can get a wider range of shooting. I never shoot from the sides because you are confined to a 15 degree turn window for shooting. It sucks.

Also, when you are there at peak times there is some (not much) capping going on, but only from the strong team. The weak team just sits there and takes the beating it gets.
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by GMMan »

Anyone give me a summary? Reading a big block of improper spelling and grammer (no offence) makes my head hurt.
I haven't touched BZFlag for years, but maybe sometime I'll make a comeback.

I'm on Twitter. And I mess with webOS. This signature is not a blog.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

I think the biggest flaw with your plan, is your spelling... what did you say?
gravitydestroyer
Private
Private

Post by gravitydestroyer »

this startagy works ony with Pro players on your team and if your team is getting slaughtered with enemy geno than this tractic doesnt work: best is still: get OO, go to enemy base, grab laser and kill till you die!
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

yes if you are going to write a strategy do not just use words and and no capital letters and ignore grammer and speeling liek thiis it makes no sense
:?
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by GMMan »

The problem with this strategy is that we have no idea with what first wall and second wall is. Also, you usually shoot yourself before you clear the base.
I haven't touched BZFlag for years, but maybe sometime I'll make a comeback.

I'm on Twitter. And I mess with webOS. This signature is not a blog.
that exploding tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Phantom wrote:When your partner comes, let him fire twice in the base; at boxywar the cylinder will resist shockwave!
What? The cylinder will resist shockwave? Since when did this happen?
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

That is impossible. Period. :? (if not....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

I've seen all kinds of boxy strategies proposed, but, I think they all seem to lack a few things:

1. Balance -- I think a mix of snipers, counter-snipers, and infiltrators is the only way to go. 3 tanks with lasers, 1 with GM, and another 4 or 5 putting intense pressure on the enemy fort with CL, ST, and OO... with only a little teamwork you can whip your enemy into a frustrated frenzy.

2. Interlocking fires -- If you can combine your weapons so that you have 2:1 or 3:1 matchups, your enemy is doomed. Give me a laser on the corner tower by the enemy's fort (or better yet 2, one on each level)... then 2 CLs, one on the main deck and one on the sniper shelf level... every tank that tries to go up over the ledge to get out has to face 2 different enemies, who have no risk of TKing each other... and if he jumps again he faces 2 more.

3. Element of surprise -- People are adaptable and whatever strategy you use, you have to mix it up enough so that it isn't predictable.

4. Simplicity -- take it from a combat vet, you don't have time to type messages to each other in a firefight, and you will not usually know exactly what your teammate is doing. Your plan has to work even when there is no coordination. Thus it must be simple, flexible, and provide overlap. Too many strategies require coordination.

5. Keeping the goal in mind -- people always talk about how to rack up huge kill scores, but don't forget, boxy is a CTF map.

6. Avoid TKs at all cost. Most Boxy players are WAY to accepting of TKs, as if they're just a necessary evil... They're not, plenty of players go 40, 50, or 60 enemy kills without a single TK.

And finally... look at your team. I look at the number of players on my team, how aggressive they are, and what my enemy is doing... Then I decide what I'm gonna do...

If I have aggressive skirmishers on my team... I snipe. If the enemy is controlling the ledges and towers, then I counter-snipe and do nothing else for a while. If my team is defensive, I become the capper. I pick my role (and thus my weapon) based on the situation, not on preference.
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

but don't forget, boxy is a CTF map.
Very nice sky king. I sometimes forget about ctf. But it is what it is: a CTF map. Your thoughts are also much easier to read than Mr Sniper:
LAter u will need some1 on ur team to come their, when they are there shooting you go and drop down, then jump the first wall, without getting in ur partners fire, then you will go around the second one, there will be a lot of ppl there, so start shooting them, when it is clear jump to their base, then jump a level higher where sniping from base occurs, make sure no one is there.
That is one sentence. It is also hard to read. Nice point Sky.
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Cylinder

Post by sniper1234 »

Wait today i resisted sw at cylinder. ya in this plan u will need pro players, this looks hard for u but it easy for me! U see how many kbams i get there!
Just forget the flaws and fix it, then it will work!
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

im not gonna vote, because i think u worded it alittle odd.
i cant really understand the baisics to the SNIPER KABAM. can u just clear it up alittle?
thx
-Albino Blacksheep