using physics to your advantage with wings

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
lorductape
Private
Private

using physics to your advantage with wings

Post by lorductape »

the thing that annoyed me the most about wings was trying to decend to make a kill (for example, in the world of pain) if they're looking at you. I never wanted to get too close, and would jump up again when i got close to the ground and shot off a few incase they jumped. Then I discovered the physics that the game uses. Now, i've learned that if you decend rapidly and fall very close to the ground, and at yorur lowest point shoot a few shots, the physics of the game will make the shots go in a downward direction and kill the noob trying to stare you down. of course, this requires knowing how far you can safely fall before they can kill you...
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

So your point is... :roll:

Yes, this is used on some servers, but not most of them. Then the only way to kill wg with is either gm, another wg, or just bad play by him. (eg you kill him another way). But even without this, wg is one of the most powerful flags on the map.
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

A Vicious Muffin wrote:Then the only way to kill wg with is either gm, another wg, or just bad play by him.
It depends on the jump count as to how powerful wg becomes when _shotsKeepVerticalVelocity is on, but it does make it easier to kill winged tanks if you know what you are doing.
Geo Dude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: using physics to your advantage with wings

Post by Geo Dude »

lorductape wrote:the thing that annoyed me the most about wings was trying to decend to make a kill (for example, in the world of pain) if they're looking at you. I never wanted to get too close, and would jump up again when i got close to the ground and shot off a few incase they jumped. Then I discovered the physics that the game uses. Now, i've learned that if you decend rapidly and fall very close to the ground, and at yorur lowest point shoot a few shots, the physics of the game will make the shots go in a downward direction and kill the noob trying to stare you down. of course, this requires knowing how far you can safely fall before they can kill you...
ya thats true but you have to watch out if u get to close to the ground and the noob tank(lol)jumps then u have to have EXTREMELY fast reflectses(i hope i spelled that right)anyway)to jump out and kill the guy when he jumps :wink:
Enigma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: using physics to your advantage with wings

Post by Enigma »

waffle wrote: ya thats true but you have to watch out if u get to close to the ground and the noob tank(lol)jumps then u have to have EXTREMELY fast reflectses(i hope i spelled that right)anyway)to jump out and kill the guy when he jumps :wink:
:arrow: reflexes
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

velocity can help you but can also disadvantage you (if the other person knows there is velocity) when you have wings.
Geo Dude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Geo Dude »

Saber wrote:velocity can help you but can also disadvantage you (if the other person knows there is velocity) when you have wings.
yes i agree velocity can help u,but the best way is to get behind the guy get far away and use the vleocity to ZZZZAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP them hehe
lorductape
Private
Private

addition

Post by lorductape »

you're misunderstanding the purpose of my post- it's to give a strategy for using wings, not to kill wings.

and you're right, the velocity is important. the world of pain is the only map i know of that, right now, has this ability (and it does it GREAT.)
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

Even if other maps have this capability, world of pain's bullet speed is astoundingly fast. Some other servers could make it hard, but not impossible to dodge.
Ck_asdf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ck_asdf »

Another map (semi-popular) that uses vertical shot velocity is Hide and Seek Hills, hosted by Brad.

I've used it a couple of times, and though it's not active on either of my servers at the moment, I may add it again.