Introducing The Citrus Network

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Introducing The Citrus Network

Post by Tropican8 »

After a long hiatus, I'm running servers again. I will not say for how long, we'll see based on popularity.

Because I'm kicking things off with seven maps (one was up last night), I guess I can't call everything Tropican's Place anymore. And Tropican's Places just doesn't have a nice ring to it. So my servers will be called the Citrus Network. I'll let you guys figure out which fruit each server represents, I'm not that thoughtful. Oh and because its not that great of a name, I'm not going to use it outside of this post. Sorry.

So here's the starting lineup for the season (subject to change):

Tropican's Place: Running 1badmap2 by 1badplayer
1badplayer.no-ip.org:4501

This is the sequel to the popular 1badmap. 1badplayer finished it near the time when I was going to stop hosting, so I never gave it a chance. It's a typical all rogue FFA with a gigantic shockwave. The big, slow type. Under normal circumstances it shouldn't cover the entire map, but then again, my servers never run under normal circumstances. Because I'm a positive type of guy, I thought I'd reflect that in my flag choices, there are no bad flags. Also you can take a guess on what plugin is loaded that allows geno to work in a yellow environment.

The ForthFreak AdrenalineFactory Reborn
acidbox.zapto.org:4502

Thoughtout BZTime, one map has dominated nojump play without catering to distinctly Pillbox or Ducati crowds. I'm talking about a Map made by a guy named Zoly that only contains one object. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm refering to Rings, in its final form. Other than me disabling the custom Radar shot settings (can be adjusted via client), its exactly as it was when the AdrenalineFactory went offline. Hope you chimps have fun with this one.

Pinball, The Original Rabbit Hunt!
1root.hopto.org:4503

In a world full of CTF and FFA servers, one map dared to be different in the days of 1.10 and the early days of 2.0. That was Rambo's Rabbit Hunt, powered by a modified map from an entity known as "Root". I'm still trying to figure out why he would make his username root, that's a very stupid thing to do. Anyway, here's his map. Now go chase teh bunny.

Tomb Of The Dead: Enter At Your Own Risk!
1ducatiwannabe.bounceme.net:4504

Because I'm kind to the rabbit community, I dug up another rabbit map that recieved play when it was online. Its back. If you've never been to the server expect a gigantic Mayan pyramid full of secret passages leading back outside. If you want a hint, try the fleshbox in the center. And all hail the great King DW.

4 Corners: Watch Your Back
4corners.merseine.nu:4505

I don't usually like 4-team CTFs, but this one's really something. Its small, so gameplay's pretty fast, and I made the sky chocolate colored. With a chocolate rainy sky, its gotta be good, right? Also by 1badplayer.

Nativity In Black
0c.ath.cx:4506

Yeah, you caught me, I'm shamelessly plugging my own map. If possible, the sky is even blacker than before. Tour the Watchtowers, they are pretty - at least for some camping.

BlueBox: Beyond Pillbox
0probox.shacknet.nu:4507

Oh look at this, I'm shamelessly plugging another of my own creations. This was based on a concept I had while looking at a transporter. Its a Pillbox map, only your team and the opposing team are both fighting over the same area. You'll see when you get there.

Rules, Admins, and Monkeys

Not much here. Same rules as Planet MoFo (no cheating, tking, ruining people's fun, cursing IS allowed). The admins are even the admins from Planet MoFo, because I know that most of you wouldn't be comfortable meeting new people.

I also should be on myself most nights EST, depending on what's on TV.

and that's all for now...
Last edited by Tropican8 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

Kewl. I used to go on that nativity in black all the time and now its back. I like the name, the citrus network.... :lol-old:
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Yeah, nice name, nice servers! Good work tropican!
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

There's a short downtime going on right now. Hopefully will be less than 24 hours from this post. No worries, standard maintenance.
that exploding tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by that exploding tank »

These are indeed nice servers and nice maps, but what is with the Trop-Bot? I mean, whenever I see that 1 player is in one of your servers, I think that it is a human waiting for someone to join. But alas, its only a bot.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Yeah, I hate that bot.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Ok, no more bots. The only reason I used them was because I thought people liked to have something to shoot at while no one is on.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Hey everyone, I have a new map up in public testing:

Now Testing: WideWorld by Sir_Pants
0ftwide.mine.nu:4508

After being left unfinished for a very long time, Sir_Pants finally got around to bugfixing his masterpiece CTF. What can I say? It's the type of map you'll have to go to in order to understand it.

Let me know what you think!
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Things People /reported At Wideworld today:

On making it so you can't drop teamflags in the tunnels:

That currently doesn't seem to be possible. There seems to be a bug with passable objects, and applying a invisible mesh to a drivethrough pyr doesn't work either, according to the mapmaker. If someone thinks they can do it, I'll PM the map along.

EDIT: fixed

On the spawnzones:

I've tried changing them. When there is a nominal amount of players on the server, the map is far too big to encourage CTF, and the server doesn't get populated. This results in an empty server. A possible solution might be the use of Theme97's spawnByPlayerCount plugin, which would allow spawnzones to change depending on how many players are on the map. It has never been tested, is poorly documented, and probably doesn't work, so don't count on it being loaded any time soon.

On shotlimits:

I don't believe in them. Sue me. However, if someone were to fix the killLimits plugin, I would happily use that.

On Burrow being too fast:

Learn to squish and dodge. I don't have a problem, and neither should you.

On RedShirt not liking the server or the map:

I don't really care, quite frankly. I'm have worked very hard to ensure I'm hosting it in the most polished way possible, and the Sir_Pants and I have worked for several weeks to ensure the map is as good as it can be for the time being.

On diing being annoying:

That one I can't really change. Talk it over with him. And please don't /report the obvious.