no shots except for thief?

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
Ck_asdf
Private First Class
Private First Class

no shots except for thief?

Post by Ck_asdf »

I had an idea for a sort of non-violent CTF map, in which people had to concentrate only on capturing the other team's flag. For this, I thought of no shots, no flags, but the problem is, how to stop someone from stealing the flag, then?

Well, how about thief? That worked, except now people could shoot, too. I set the shot speed to zero, but then thief was affected. In fact, any shot variations affected the thief, as well. The only thing that I managed to almost work is to set the reload time of normal shots extremely high, and then set the thief adRate (I think?) also high. Unfortunately, when someone would drop the thief flag, suddenly it'd say "time to reload:" and be that big number, even if they picked thief back up. So now, they wouldn't be able to steal the flag back, because of this large reload time.

Any plugin that can be made, or is available, so that people can't shoot, but they can use thief?
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

A simple bzfs mod would force the thief flag to be "sticky" (like bad flags), and therefore undroppable. That plus a very long reload time should do what you want. Alternatively, another simple bzfs mod would drop all shots which were not thief. A plugin could probably be made with that capability.
Ck_asdf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ck_asdf »

How would I go about modifying bzfs to do this?

If using a plugin ... anyone care to do that for me? Pweez! :)
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

sadly a plugin can't eat shots. You can just turn all non thief shots into PZ shots, so they would be harmless on everyone else's screen.

check your lm3r's "give flag" and the "zombie" plugins for info on how to give flags and change shots.
ImageJeffM