Bug in Tropican8's map

BZFlag related only please...please attach large images
Flash
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bug in Tropican8's map

Post by Flash »

I had SW and a glitch kicked in where it continually fired, obliterating the bot. On the other hand, it was my highest score EVER!
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Hate to disappoint you, but that's not a bug. I have the SW configured so it fires a slow pulse, random in size. 90% of the time its a dud or takes less than 1/4 of the map, but the other 10% it grows to its full size, 1000 units.

Obviously there's going to be a huge delay for a SW to grow to that size even though its already covering the entire map, which is significantly smaller. So that's actually 1 shot!!!

I'm considering reimplementing the SW vars using Spazzy's settings, which would make the SW a constant size every time.

Once Trop-Bot got it and wound up with a score of 150, making everyone who came on the server afterwards feel quite inadequate. Until someone wound up with around 300, that is.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

While on the subject of Trop's maps..I hopped on to Bluebox earlier, only to find an enormously slow tankspeed upon initial spawn at the base.
I assume this was intended, as as soon as I reach the teleporter on either side, tankspeed is returned to above normal.
Was that a server mod or a map/config setting? I'm thinking both.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Hannibal wrote:While on the subject of Trop's maps..I hopped on to Bluebox earlier, only to find an enormously slow tankspeed upon initial spawn at the base.
I assume this was intended, as as soon as I reach the teleporter on either side, tankspeed is returned to above normal.
Was that a server mod or a map/config setting? I'm thinking both.
THAT'S A BUG, lol.

I just tested it, seems fine. Was there an admin on messing with vars at the time?
Flash
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bug or not?

Post by Flash »

Your explanation almost makes sense...

Except that someone joined while the bot was getting obliterated and he didn't suffer the same fate. Also, the seemingly interminable SW stopped as soon as I shot a regular bullet (which I did as an experiment to try to make it stop).

Nevertheless, you have done wonderful things for my ego.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

When I joined, it was just your bot and the Gimp machine. And if you forgot, I am an admin at your network.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Bug or not?

Post by Tropican8 »

Flash wrote:Your explanation almost makes sense...

Except that someone joined while the bot was getting obliterated and he didn't suffer the same fate. Also, the seemingly interminable SW stopped as soon as I shot a regular bullet (which I did as an experiment to try to make it stop).

Nevertheless, you have done wonderful things for my ego.
Well, I can't re-create the bug, so, something either fixed it or it doesn't happen often enough to be a problem. Also I changed the SW vars slightly.