trick to mofo

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
soad freak
Private First Class
Private First Class

trick to mofo

Post by soad freak »

I have been wondering what the secret is to the mofo servers. YOu know the little biulding int the corners with the blue roofs. How do you jump on top of them. a screenshot or movie would be greatly apresiated.

thanks
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

It dosn't take to much to work out, and i'm not going to tell you how, but think:

Why not think about how you jump? Do you have to jump in a straight line? Why not try using a turning jump? It takes practice, when you know how to do it. I recomend going to an empty mofo server to try things out first, because if you get it wrong it makes you very venerable.

It's much more fulfilling to try work something out for yourself rather than go to others for help straight away - it's a good life skill to have.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

Spazzy Mcgee wrote: I recomend going to an empty mofo server to try things out first, because if you get it wrong it makes you very venerable.
i'll just go there when it's crowded and get it wrong. that might be the only chance in my life to become very venerable. :mrgreen:
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

For a little practice choose the mofo mapchange server, there will be one of five game styles there, but usually not many people. Could be rabbit Mode, Hold theflag, 2team CTF or 4team CTF.
It's at 206.222.19.114, port 4242
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
soad freak
Private First Class
Private First Class

is

Post by soad freak »

is it inplace ump or not
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

I dont think he is looking for jumping tips in general...just tips on how to jump onto the blue roofs. The only way I can see is by wings or jumping from high place. I tried pyramid jumps but it didnt work out for me.
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Believe me it is possible, we won't tell you the trick, but you can go to the mapchange server at port 4242 for some solo practice.
Just join the PlanetMoFo Free for all server, then go back to the join game screen and change your port number to 4242, and then Join Game.
You will be on the map change server. You can practice the jump there.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
soad freak
Private First Class
Private First Class

could

Post by soad freak »

could i get a screeny or a movie i need a visual.

thanks
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Uhmmm... from my take on it, they are saying yes you can do it, but no we aren't going to tell or show you how. So that would most likely mean "No screeny or movie" :p They have given the hints, now you must put in the work....
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

You can make it with a single jump from the box below.
Just think, when you jump, do you have to move in any direction? Could you do something else when jumping?

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Da Best
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Da Best »

I Figured it out on my own, you can too. Just think Is your tank a complete square? Just think a rectangle jumping, and turning at the same time in place. It IS possible to get up there without wings or jumping from the top of the letters.
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Theme97 »

Da Best wrote:Just think Is your tank a complete square? Just think a rectangle jumping, and turning at the same time in place.
It would still be possible to get up there if the tank was a square.
It'd just be a lot harder. ;)
plasma kaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plasma kaz »

guys, i think this is torture to him, give him some more hints?:)
H0ley
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by H0ley »

You're more vulnerable on the pyramid roof than being on the corner base. You have no defense against sws, steamrollers, or semi-skilled wg players. Personally, I'll go after anyone on top on those roofs as a first priority. I know other players do as well.

Refine your gm and radar skills, you'll soon forget the benefits of being on the roof.
/loves meteorite's mom
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

beanpole wrote:guys, i think this is torture to him, give him some more hints?
Pfft. It's been practically given away.

Building on h0ley's point, the more people that know how to get up there, the more people do it, the harder it becomes to camp there.

Use it sparingly.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
iceomega999
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Extraterestrial outer universal deserted planetarium in Mississippi.

Post by iceomega999 »

am i the only one here that is going to tell him?anyway,get on the big thing in the sky in mofo,go to a corner,jump off and you should land on the blue roof. :twisted: muahahahaha i kill everyone by doing that :twisted:
Itachi considers your existence futile.
Except mine :D
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

iceomega999 wrote:am i the only one here that is going to tell him?anyway,get on the big thing in the sky in mofo,go to a corner,jump off and you should land on the blue roof. :twisted: muahahahaha i kill everyone by doing that :twisted:
Uhmmm... no. That is not what they are talking about, so yes you are the only idiot who is going to tell him to do it that way :p. "How do you get up there once you have picked up a flag" is the question, and it has been sufficiently explained above for anyone to figure out IMHO.

Personally, I just find it to be too much work. It is just as easy to stay on the ground and rack up a large score if you are a good player. That position up on the roof in the corners is not the best, you are VERY vulnerable. The only benefit is that few people have spent much time figuring out how vulnerable it really is.... think about it....
yosef
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yosef »

I'll second Holey. In addition, there are enough people on the server at any given time that shooting randomly on the ground will get you more kills than taking the time to jump on a roof, which, if you're inattentive, makes you really vulnerable, and shooting from there. (But I'm not recommending that strategy as one to get you a good kill-death ratio or points.)
--9/12 Taking an extended break from this beloved game to return to RL. Look for me at the starbow's end...
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

iceomega999 wrote:am i the only one here that is going to tell him?anyway,get on the big thing in the sky in mofo,go to a corner,jump off and you should land on the blue roof. :twisted: muahahahaha i kill everyone by doing that :twisted:

That, my good friend, is possibly the most obnoxious thing I have ever read. This thread is clearly not giving the answer away in favour of some good, oldfasioned, brainpower. You decided to give the wrong answer in a thouroughly annoying way.

Might I enquire how you kill everyone that way, without GM or L or other flag?
soad freak
Private First Class
Private First Class

enough

Post by soad freak »

i finally figured it out all you need is this. For others with teh same ?. Let them figure it out. Thanks a lot. keep pwning

-soad freak
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Killing the camper.

Post by optic delusion »

There are several, several weaknesses to being on top of the corner pyramids. Yeah, they make a great camping spot, but just like the original creedo of having a high powered game, there is a balance.
Remember, it's a pyramid with a height of zero, not a box.

1) TH has an incredibly long range. You can swipe the GM flag from outside of the GM's range

2) Laser snipe from afar

3) Someone with ST can make the jump, sneak up behind and kill the GM. Had that happen quite a few times.

4) That pyramid is 0 thick. a Steamroller jumping up from below very effectively works. Steamroller from below gets them every time.

5) Go through the teleporter, jump up, shoot some shots, and go back through the 'porter.

6) Shockwave.

7) Hit their teammate with Geno.

Wings divebombing in

9) GM up on top of the pyramids is also vulnerable to GM. Because those pyramids are 0 thick, GM shots make their way downwards... AND upwards just as easily. Lock on, fire your GM, then run in the circle to avoid whatever missiles are fired back at you. The camper doesnt have near as much room ro run from a GM.

That camping spot isn't NEAR as invulnerable as you Think. Because its a flattened pyramid, you can't jump forward off of it. You can only jump straight up. That kinds of screws you up up there too.

Scrilla2
Private
Private

Post by Scrilla2 »

I know how to get up there, and can do it very quickly while in intense combat. My only real worries are stealth, genocide, and far snipes from laser or thief. I can kill incoming SW's by shooting through the roof (yes it's possible) and there is a way to avoid Wings, but I won't go there. ;)
QuantumBeep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by QuantumBeep »

Mofo isn't really a good place to camp, really. You'll score better by hitting the polygons and playing like everyone else.
Save the trees, wipe your butt with an owl.
If catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Proud member of the Mofo Cabal<br>
<br>
OK thats ENUTH OUTA YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - smartkid