Shot Limit and Kill Limit

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )

Should there be a shot limit or kill limit?

No to both
31%
Yes to both
15%
No shot limit but there is kill limit
8%
No kill limit but there is a shot limit
46%

Total votes: 13

sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Shot Limit and Kill Limit

Post by sniper1234 »

I don't think there should be a shot limit or kill limit especially for Maching Gun or Shock Wave. It really doesn't make sense for the kill limit. Why should a flag dissapear after you kill some1. I don't like shot limits or kill limits. What do u think?
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

if a weapon (or more) is/are too powerful on a certain map, it is either balanced by changing the structure of the map or putting a shot limit on that/those too powerful flag(s). there are times when i find a certain shot limit too low, but generally speaking it does serve a purpose. i don't know what you mean by kill limit. never seen anything like that.
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Kill limit

Post by sniper1234 »

If you to Boxy War, metorite updated it with eaach flag has a kill limit. The GM has 3 or 5 kills. THe laser flag has 15 or 20 kills. The SW has 2 or 3 kills. The G has an amount of kills that I forgot (1-5) kills.
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Theme97 »

Green Manalishi
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7978
In my opinion, kill limits are for the newer players who aren't very good at the game yet.

Over on a new server I recently started, I have a shot limit on Shockwave... one shot. It's needed, as it's a new game style and requires that it is dropped as soon as you fire it.

Edit:
sniper1234 wrote:If you to Boxy War, metorite updated it with eaach flag has a kill limit. The GM has 3 or 5 kills. THe laser flag has 15 or 20 kills. The SW has 2 or 3 kills. The G has an amount of kills that I forgot (1-5) kills.
I think the kill limits are stupid there. Why should laser have a kill limit when it's a vital part of the map? The rest are somewhat reasonable, but I'd prefer a shot limit as well. Genocide is extremely powerful, especially in a two-team map, so it shouldn't be a Spray & Pray kind of flag -- you should have to aim very carefully or lose the flag trying.
Oh, and it's 2 kills.
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

thanks theme97. sounds like a good idea to level things a bit for the n00bs.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Theme97 wrote:I think the kill limits are stupid there. Why should laser have a kill limit when it's a vital part of the map? The rest are somewhat reasonable, but I'd prefer a shot limit as well.
Because who can make 25 straight kills? And if you can, maybe you should get a new laser flag? It's really not that hard. I've gotten a lot of suggestions to go back to shot limits, but I'm really torn between the two sides. Each have their pros and cons.
Theme97 wrote:Genocide is extremely powerful, especially in a two-team map, so it shouldn't be a Spray & Pray kind of flag -- you should have to aim very carefully or lose the flag trying.
Oh, and it's 2 kills.
It's hard enough to get the new geno at Boxy War with all the obesity... I figured I should let you be able to not have any shot limits. It's only one kill too. Unlimited shots, one hit.

Just to clear this up, these are the kill limits:
Laser - 25
Shockwave - 3
Guided Missile - 3
Masquerade - 15
Cloaking - 15
Stealth - 15
Seer - 15
Oscillation Overthruster - 15
Geno - 1
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

Green Manalishi wrote:thanks theme97. sounds like a good idea to level things a bit for the n00bs.
I believe that is a phrase that should be kept to yourself. Im sure you are a n00b to many people as others are to you. So dont be a hypocrite.

Anyways yes, it is a good thing that we have limits for the superflags because just like those campers at boxywar, it makes them give their position up for another camper :roll: .
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Dark Zodiac wrote:
Green Manalishi wrote:thanks theme97. sounds like a good idea to level things a bit for the n00bs.
I believe that is a phrase that should be kept to yourself. Im sure you are a n00b to many people as others are to you. So dont be a hypocrite.

it doesn't take a genius to know that everyone is a n00b compared to some others. what i meant there was of course n00bs of the beginner kind, and that that plugin could help keep them encouraged and interested, thus possibly increasing the bz population. also i have never anywhere said or alluded that i'm a leet player or anything (i couldn't give a flying fart about my scores and stats unlike some 'winners' here), so i'm probably not being a hypocrite.. if i studied medicine, given my talent, i could be quite a hippocrates though. 8) ..ooops, pardon my arrogance.. :roll:

on topic: my vote had gone to 'No kill limit but there is a shot limit' but count it as 'yes to both'.
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

shot

Post by slon02 »

There should be a shot limit so players dont abuse having a single flag. It doesnt make sense to have a kill limit and leave it to Boxy War to come up with such a crazy idea.
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259