little computer

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
moohaha
Private First Class
Private First Class

little computer

Post by moohaha »

i have a ''old'' dell like computer and i just want to know if that game need only a good graphic card and internet. Cause my internet is good but like my graphic card is horrible i'll change it and i want to know if i'll be able to play bzflag. my computer has probably like 0.6 GHZ :shock: and 128RAM so ya its horrible. :?
I'm a players of TAO (tactics arena online) and I'm the best. <---this is a joke for sure. :p
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

You should be able to play good, you probably never want to play this game with dial up, you'll get so much lag. But the graphics shouldn't be too bad. Although on louman's.... :D
moohaha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by moohaha »

srry if my english is not that good and im not good with computer also but what is dial up? :?
I'm a players of TAO (tactics arena online) and I'm the best. <---this is a joke for sure. :p
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

Uhhm Im not so sure youll be able to play all that good. My friend had a dell that was quite a step up from yours and had a great connection, but for some reason the game was extremely choppy.
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
hookah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hookah »

lol i some times use my old iBook 500 MHZ Powerpc G3
640 MB SDRAM + i have ATY,RageM3 and it works normally but my graphick on it is too bad, but it is still good to play.. :)
Norally i play on MacMini Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB of memory :D
moohaha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by moohaha »

ok, i went in start>run>dxdiag to see the performance of my computer and here are the infos. I would like to know what is wrong to play bzflag. I cant even play 2.0.4 cause graphics are horrible...you guys should be able to see what's the prob with these 3 infos...
ps: my internet is alright

Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~1.0GHz
Memory: 254MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)

if you need more infos, i'll post
one90 wrote:Uhhm Im not so sure youll be able to play all that good. My friend had a dell that was quite a step up from yours and had a great connection, but for some reason the game was extremely choppy.
do you think its a problem of dell?
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

moohaha wrote:ok, i went in start>run>dxdiag to see the performance of my computer and here are the infos. I would like to know what is wrong to play bzflag. I cant even play 2.0.4 cause graphics are horrible...you guys should be able to see what's the prob with these 3 infos...
ps: my internet is alright

Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~1.0GHz
Memory: 254MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)

if you need more infos, i'll post
one90 wrote:Uhhm Im not so sure youll be able to play all that good. My friend had a dell that was quite a step up from yours and had a great connection, but for some reason the game was extremely choppy.
do you think its a problem of dell?
I have a Dell Inspiron 600m and have to put my CPU in Acoustic mode or Powersave mode because if it's at its full potential, the graphics overheat.

Maybe you have a similar problem?
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

moohaha wrote:ok, i went in start>run>dxdiag to see the performance of my computer and here are the infos. I would like to know what is wrong to play bzflag. I cant even play 2.0.4 cause graphics are horrible...you guys
Yes the newer versions of bzflag are in much more demand from your PC. I doubt that graphics card is going to do the job. 256 ram is pushing it as well. Maybe just use a different computer :wink: :idea: .
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

TangenT wrote:I have a Dell Inspiron 600m and have to put my CPU in Acoustic mode or Powersave mode because if it's at its full potential, the graphics overheat.

If he's wanting to put in another video card, that would leave me with the impression that it's not a laptop machine.

moohaha: I have an 800MHz system that had an i810 graphics chipset. I only had PCI slots, so I put a GeForce FX 5200 card in the system. So really it depends what slot you have in that system. It also depends how much you want to spend on an older machine.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

moohaha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by moohaha »

TangenT wrote: I have a Dell Inspiron 600m and have to put my CPU in Acoustic mode or Powersave mode because if it's at its full potential, the graphics overheat.
ok, i could try this but tell me how to do plz.
one90 wrote: Yes the newer versions of bzflag are in much more demand from your PC. I doubt that graphics card is going to do the job. 256 ram is pushing it as well. Maybe just use a different computer :wink: :idea: .
lol no srry...We r not all rich man but i would like :roll:
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

moohaha wrote:
TangenT wrote: I have a Dell Inspiron 600m and have to put my CPU in Acoustic mode or Powersave mode because if it's at its full potential, the graphics overheat.
ok, i could try this but tell me how to do plz.
one90 wrote: Yes the newer versions of bzflag are in much more demand from your PC. I doubt that graphics card is going to do the job. 256 ram is pushing it as well. Maybe just use a different computer :wink: :idea: .
lol no srry...We r not all rich man but i would like :roll:
You can probably ignore what TangenT said. His information applied to laptops. If this IS a laptop you are speaking of, you really can't do anything about it. The Intel 815 chipset is total crap. Then again, all of them Intel graphics chipsets are crap... What operating system are you running? That makes a difference on how much RAM you would need.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

moohaha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by moohaha »

like i said, im horrible with computer and im a frenchman so i dont understand all what you are saying but i dont have a labtop. For my operating system here you go:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

Have you tried playing? The worst that could happen is that your computer crashes.

A few things to try if the graphics are horrible:

Try playing with the options -> display menu settings. especially quality and video format. Sometimes if you select a lower resolution like 800x600 the game will run smoother. Ditto for the "medium" quality setting. On my old machine, I could join in on some of louman's maps if I had it set to quality medium. If I tried joining on high quality, m the graphics would be terribly choppy, and my lag would be well over a second.

For what it's worth, I can play bzflag on my laptop with 256M of RAM and an ATI M6LY card. 1.2ghz processor. Obviously, you don't need much to play, so long as your graphics card supports OpenGL acceleration. Just make sure that you have the proper drivers installed.
Da Best
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Da Best »

You can play, just turn the linear nd textures to a low setting and you'll be fine

i myself only run a 500mhz and 129 mb ram :shock:

:wink:
moohaha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by moohaha »

i just tried to change video format and it works better now...So do you think its the graphic card?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

moohaha wrote:i just tried to change video format and it works better now...So do you think its the graphic card?
Not only do I think it's the graphics chipset, I KNOW it's the graphics chipset. You're not going to get any good performance or quality from the crappy Intel 815 chipset. Even my Intel 845 sucks, although I can run the game. (just not very fast, nor with good quality)

Longhair wrote:For what it's worth, I can play bzflag on my laptop with 256M of RAM and an ATI M6LY card. 1.2ghz processor. Obviously, you don't need much to play, so long as your graphics card supports OpenGL acceleration. Just make sure that you have the proper drivers installed.
Not all chipsets and graphics cards that "support" OpenGL will handle BZFlag's graphical needs. When I was using an S3 Savage IX, the game looked like crap in hardware mode. The ground was white, the grass texture showed up in the mountain area, and I had a mountain flying overhead instead of clouds. Also, tanks would have textures from other teams if they turned a certain way, but only on part of their tanks. And yes, that was the latest drivers. The game actually ran faster when I used software rendering (8-bit).