Mods and admins here

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Mods and admins here

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

I know that some people here are admins and moderators, but I want to know two questions about them.

1. What are the privilages of admins/mods?

2. How are they chosen?
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Mods and admins here

Post by A Meteorite »

A Vicious Muffin wrote:1. What are the privilages of admins/mods?
Think about what admins and mods do.
A Vicious Muffin wrote:2. How are they chosen?
Very carefully. Actually, nearly no one becomes a admin or moderator simply because more are not needed.

And if you're asking to be a admin or mod, I can most assuredly say no. Even though I'm not in a position to make that call, I can see the answer coming. :)
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

Oh, no, I would wish, but I won't bawl on my computer if I am not chosen. :wink:

I know that they ban people, and delete garbage posts/topics, I was wondering the difference between the two. Maybe admins can edit things in the forum and mods cant?
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

Admins and full board moderators are currently the same set of people. Technically moderators have full control over posts, while admins also have full control of users and settings.

Active admins:
JeffM2501
DTRemenak
learner
menotume
bryjen
blast
L4m3r

Admins in varying states of inactivity:
Tim Riker
purple_cow
Fiberchunks
Nidhoggr
MrApathyCream

Admins are appointed on an as-needed basis by consensus of the staff.
Nine of the current twelve are or were active developers (though not all active developers are, or wish to be, board admins); the other three have actively, constructively, and selflessly contributed to the community in other ways, and each was and is perceived as completely trustworthy. None of them directly sought the position, and no admin has ever been removed except at his own request.

There are also forum-specific moderators, who you can see listed next to the forum that they moderate. They are appointed when there is a specific need for them (for example, all developers can moderate the Help and Development forums; members of the ducati council can moderate the ducati forum, etc)
hookah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hookah »

I think that admins are this one who were in project at sourceforge about to make BZFlag.
Oh i want to ask does L4m3r was admin or he just becomed because he has maked much things for BZFlag and even Bzflag versions:) :D
I think it was so because i hadnt seen him before in admin list :)

Question to admins. Why there is no carnage in admin list?! He was a developer of BZflag. Wasnt he?!
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

If you had read my post more carefully, most of your questions would have been answered already.

There are around 60 developers. There are only 12 board admins, 9 of whom are developers...not all developers are admins, not all admins are developers.

L4m3r was added recently (not that it matters).

And Carnage was never a developer, can't imagine where you got that idea.
hookah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hookah »

oh i had seen his nickname at sorceforge webpage in project by making Bzflag Multiplayer Tank Game.
Oh thanks DTRemenak
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

Uhm. Carnage was banned for cheating in the GU league...Cant imagine him being an admin :wink: . A good example would be Saturos, he has contributed to so many different things in the bzflag community and is a great leader. He is good admin material and thats why he is one (well to my best guesses :wink: )
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

one90 wrote:Uhm. Carnage was banned for cheating in the GU league...Cant imagine him being an admin :wink: . A good example would be Saturos, he has contributed to so many different things in the bzflag community and is a great leader. He is good admin material and thats why he is one (well to my best guesses :wink: )
he's not an admin, he's just a really cool person.
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

Satu is an admin in GU league. That it was I meant. Sorry.
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."