Flag Give flag

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
knoxkorner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Flag Give flag

Post by knoxkorner »

Wouldn't be cool if we had a flag that would give us the choice of choosing a flag? Maybe type "/FG L"
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

That would be too powerful. Maybe you could make it like Mario Kart. When you get the flag, it would cycle through all the flags really fast, and it would stop randomly (or if you told it when to stop) and give you the flag it stopped on.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

Well, "technically" it already is like that because you really don't know which flag you are getting (unless you are cheating >_>). So its "random" to some degree.

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Tanner wrote:Well, "technically" it already is like that because you really don't know which flag you are getting (unless you are cheating >_>). So its "random" to some degree.

-Tanner
Well, it would not be completely random, and you can know what flag you are going to get without cheating. You can use the identify flag. But all this brings up another problem. Would grabbing this flag allow you to get a flag that is not able to be found under normal circumstances on a particular server?
knoxkorner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by knoxkorner »

i dont know
the_j0k3r
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the_j0k3r »

i'm thinking like a modification to geno. i think it would have to be done by the devs but like people are always complaining about geno no matter about the shotlimits or whatever. why not incorporate this idea into geno and make it so the geno flag can either be a normal geno flag or you can set it so that it cycles randomly through like 5 bad flags and then the 6th time you get geno, so its like you only get geno 1 in 6 times.... or change it to 1 in 3 times or whatever your preferences are.

that would help servers that have a spawn zone for geno and get complaints about geno hogs.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

the_j0k3r wrote:i'm thinking like a modification to geno. i think it would have to be done by the devs but like people are always complaining about geno no matter about the shotlimits or whatever. why not incorporate this idea into geno and make it so the geno flag can either be a normal geno flag or you can set it so that it cycles randomly through like 5 bad flags and then the 6th time you get geno, so its like you only get geno 1 in 6 times.... or change it to 1 in 3 times or whatever your preferences are.

that would help servers that have a spawn zone for geno and get complaints about geno hogs.
People will always complain about geno. Somebody will think it is too powerful, and somebody else will think it is not powerful enough. Well I've got an enhancement to their playing style. Suck it up and get good. If you don't want to get killed by geno, kill the geno first. But enough ranting.

The plan the_j0k3r described is basically what I suggested except the cycle would only be limited to a handful of bad flags (1/6 chance) as opposed to all the flags (1/Whatever the number of flags in the game is). If we make it so 1/6 is geno, and the other five flags are bad, we'll just have more complainers.
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

Too powerful. The cheats would be too subtle to notice them getting a flag from this. and abou tthose only 1 flag servers like Laser sniping, just wouldn't work out
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One