BZ for my iPhone..

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
OU812
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZ for my iPhone..

Post by OU812 »

I was certain that the iPhone screen was too small to contain the screen and controls. However now that I see the controls on "Super Monkey Ball" I think those same controls would work well with BZ. Also the new grafics accelerator looks up to the task. Wishfull thinking maybe, but it would make my work week so much more enjoyable.
-OU812
z[h]ero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by z[h]ero »

Bz on iPhone sure won't happen in the next years, firstly porting it would be a REALLY big effort, secondly the cons of such a version would be dramatically compared to the desktop-version, kinda noone would be interested in playing it.
Wirth's law: "Software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware becomes faster."
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Having BZAdmin as an iPhone/iPod touch application would be very nice though.
Private
Private

Post by 1337 »

It would seem that it would be possible for bzflag to me playable on other phones, such as smart phones.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

1337 wrote:It would seem that it would be possible for bzflag to me playable on other phones, such as smart phones.
"Seems" like it would? It's more complex than it looks. Most smart phones don't just give out a software development kit. Lots of them don't do any 3D graphics acceleration. And those that do would be minimal. It's not as easy as just compiling the game and clicking an icon. There would be real porting involved. I haven't even been able to get BZFlag to run on my N800 which runs Linux, since it doesn't have OpenGL. (I was trying to port it to TinyGL)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)