Apocalypse In Action :: Planet MoFo

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: Apocalypse In Action :: Planet MoFo

Post by optic delusion »

Unown: please answer the private message I have sent you.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Death Zones

Post by optic delusion »

I Have a new plugin. It allows me to control where you respawn, based on where you die.
You probably noticed my first experiment with it last week. I have now refined the concept.

Here's how it's set up right now, we will see how it works out.
I reserve the right to change it at any time.

Die in box 1, spawn in either box 2 or 3
Die in box 2, spawn in box 3
Die in box 3, spawn in box 2
Die in any other box (or circle), spawn in that same box or circle.
There are two other small boxes you will have to figure out on your own.
Die anywhere that's not covered by these zones, and the old spawn zones apply. Have you ever noticed you never spawn within 20 units of the outer fence?
Spawns in box 1 should be rare.

I still have the other plugin "spawnFacing" and it's set so that you always spawn aimed directly at the other team's flag. This should make life very hard for those carrying geno. You should always fire a shot the moment you spawn.
Deathzones copy.png
(249.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Gollum
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Death Zones

Post by Gollum »

optic delusion wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:58 am I Have a new plugin. It allows me to control where you respawn, based on where you die.
You probably noticed my first experiment with it last week. I have now refined the concept.

Here's how it's set up right now, we will see how it works out.
I reserve the right to change it at any time.

Die in box 1, spawn in either box 2 or 3
Die in box 2, spawn in box 3
Die in box 3, spawn in box 2
Die in any other box (or circle), spawn in that same box or circle.
There are two other small boxes you will have to figure out on your own.
Die anywhere that's not covered by these zones, and the old spawn zones apply. Have you ever noticed you never spawn within 20 units of the outer fence?
Spawns in box 1 should be rare.

I still have the other plugin "spawnFacing" and it's set so that you always spawn aimed directly at the other team's flag. This should make life very hard for those carrying geno. You should always fire a shot the moment you spawn.

Deathzones copy.png
You are a legend.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

I don't know how I got promoted to the rank of "Special Forces", I always thought it was more like "He sure is [special] alright".
but I hereby nominate iObserve to be promoted to the rank of "Captain Obvious"

Right now I'm thinking two things.

Die in Box 6, spawns in Box 8, and vice-versa.... Die in Box 7, spawns in Box 9, and vice-versa
then
Die in Box 1, spawns in box 4 or 5.

Gollum
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gollum »

optic delusion wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 am but I hereby nominate iObserve to be promoted to the rank of "Captain Obvious"
Please! @Blast
jhs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jhs »

Sorry, OD, I'm not a huge fan of the new zones. I'm sure they're intended to make the gameplay more competitive and interesting, but so far, I've found them to increase long runs of spawn killing which in turn leads to players bailing. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but for me it takes a good bit of fun out of the map - after playing this past week or so with these new settings, I've found myself heading to other maps and being increasingly less interested in Apoc. I certainly don't mean to be a downer, OD, just expressing my thoughts as someone who's been playing BZ for 20 years, enjoys the game + your maps, and hopes to continue that experience; take or leave it as you will.

Cheers.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Some changes...
6 goes to 8
8 goes to 6
7 goes to 9
9 goes to 7

This should make the GM camping extremely difficult, because last week your kills would respawn right in front of you.
Now they spawn behind you.

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Super Surprised that no one has found the hidden zone. I told exactly one player where it is.
Probably the players who know about it are keeping it a secret.

Trying to figure out how to adjust the zones around the Suntrust Tower.

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

DeathZone spawn zones removed. though I have never heard anyone articulate what's so great about random spawns.
I had to have something new for 2020, and when I added these, it took over an hour for anybody to even notice. I thought, "great"
I modified it after a few weeks, and removed it after two months. Oh well, it was worth a try.

kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Awesome, Optic!!!!! No doubt you have made MANY players happy with it's removal.
Thank you from all of us players!
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Whammo! Has been using Sketch... the textures will most likely be changed...
keep your eyes open and you might see a preview server soon.

lkjhg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lkjhg »

I don't understand, what did happen to my favorite server? What's up with the map? Bring back the old green background, please.
Attachments
2020-04-20-164640_1366x768_scrot.png
(634.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

lkjhg, Do you mean the mountains?

This new map file is 98% the work of WHAMMO! I only added a few touches for the MoFo look and feel.
I am very happy with the result. He gave me what I asked for, "the same but different", if that makes any sense.
But WHAMMO! gave his baby up for adoption, it's mine now. I will keep making adjustments.

Have several in mind already. In order of importance:
There's a spawn bug under the tower. (nothing new there
The textures are too flat, need to add definition to the corners.
The "cage" on top of the three pillars needs some relatively large adjustments.
Reconfigure or maybe back to the old style for the 4 pillars under the base.
more...

lkjhg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lkjhg »

optic delusion, I do not mind changes on the map, I just would like to return the green texture of the ground.
lkjhg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lkjhg »

optic delusion,
after your last changes, the rating of our server has dropped
https://ibb.co/7p6nH7k
i suggest returning the latest version
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

That is one timestamp glimpse at the server list. Yesterday we had an 11 vs 11 on apoc.
Just now:
apoc 5 2 2020.png
(77.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
At any point in time, activity fluctuates for all servers
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Thank You Kierra.
When I looked at it, way down at the bottom of the page it said,,,,
Wikiquote: “A new statistic proves that 73% of all statistics are pure inventions.” (J.J.A. Weber)

KnottyMan [ILF]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by KnottyMan [ILF] »

Switched from 3v1 G/R to Red to balance the teams and got shortbanned F12 noob! for 6h. WTF? New plug in? Needs tweaking I think.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Knottyman, the F12 plugin has never been perfect, but it has performed it's intended purpose. Few times do players F12 to keep from being geno'd. At least much fewer than it was in the past. The price we pay is the occasional false positive. It banned me once.
If you intend to rejoin, wait until you're dead before you sign out, and you'll never have this problem.

KnottyMan [ILF]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by KnottyMan [ILF] »

Hmm, that could be the difference. I was still alive, esc'd to set team to green and then hit connect. I've not tracked my methods in the past when I switch teams, but seems I've done it while alive before. Guess like you said, sometimes it happens, this was just a first for me.

I hate F12er's. Many a time I've capped only to be penalized by a last second bailer. Poor sportsmanship.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Looking through the forums, the following threads related to F12 were located: F12 abuse, revisited and Ban without F12 threads.

The recent updates have reduced the F12 abuse to quite a point, but it seems the issue is slowly shifting.
Less of F12 to avoid or geno bait, but instead to leaving to create "unfair" flag captures, thus giving penalties to those who capture the flag.

If it is possible, it would be nice to see the F12 plug-in take into account players parting from the server to create unfair flag capturing situations.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

It does. Flag capture bounties are calculated at time of team-flag PICKUP.
Team ratios at time of capture mean nothing. Team ratio at time you PICKED UP the team flag is everything.
So leaving while someone is about to capture your flag does not hurt them.

Also, If you pickup a team flag and teams are uneven enough to produce a negative bounty, you are sent a warning.

spud - an anarchist
Private
Private

Post by spud - an anarchist »

Hey, WHAMMO or anyone who manages the planet-mofo server, any idea why I've been having crazy latency to Apocalypse? I have a 600Mbit connection, so bandwidth certainly isn't the issue, but a traceroute just goes to hell in a handbasket:

Code: Select all

traceroute to planet-mofo.com (104.243.40.186), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
 1  10.0.1.1 (10.0.1.1)  71.528 ms  223.681 ms  14.230 ms
 2  96.120.11.157 (96.120.11.157)  23.854 ms  18.413 ms  86.677 ms
 3  162.151.75.33 (162.151.75.33)  115.768 ms  97.794 ms  146.071 ms
 4  96.110.92.5 (96.110.92.5)  15.782 ms  92.294 ms  20.214 ms
 5  ae-14-ar01.capitolhghts.md.bad.comcast.net (68.87.168.53)  109.280 ms  19.250 ms  130.604 ms
 6  be-31411-cs01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net (96.110.40.17)  288.557 ms  26.114 ms  25.054 ms
 7  be-2111-pe11.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net (96.110.32.122)  26.696 ms
    be-2411-pe11.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net (96.110.32.134)  31.716 ms *
 8  * * *
 9  be3084.ccr42.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.30.65)  17.892 ms
    be3083.ccr41.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.30.53)  19.762 ms  21.204 ms
10  be2807.ccr42.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.40.109)  21.428 ms
    be2806.ccr41.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.40.105)  49.164 ms
    be2807.ccr42.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.40.109)  25.260 ms
11  be2272.rcr21.ewr02.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.83.202)  25.366 ms
    be2235.rcr21.ewr01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.44.214)  28.229 ms
    be2236.rcr21.ewr02.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.45.6)  28.528 ms
12  be3792.rcr51.ewr06.atlas.cogentco.com (154.24.61.182)  231.714 ms
    be3227.rcr21.ewr06.atlas.cogentco.com (154.24.56.154)  34.550 ms  30.317 ms
13  be3551.nr51.b033057-0.ewr06.atlas.cogentco.com (154.24.54.154)  28.406 ms  23.813 ms
    be3790.nr51.b033057-0.ewr06.atlas.cogentco.com (154.24.61.174)  25.251 ms
14  38.122.245.186 (38.122.245.186)  33.105 ms
    38.32.124.138 (38.32.124.138)  24.564 ms
    38.122.245.122 (38.122.245.122)  27.486 ms
15  * * *
16  * * *
17  * 104.238.207.1 (104.238.207.1)  30.175 ms  25.783 ms
18  * * *
19  * * *
20  * * *
21  * * *
22  * * *
23  * * *
24  * * *
25  * * *
26  * * *
27  * * *
28  * * *
29  * * *
30  * * *
31  * * *
32  * * *
33  *^C
It's been this way for a few weeks. My lag goes from 4ms to 50ms up and down, all day, during the course of a single match. Any clue?

spud.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

That traceroute looks like the issue is in your ISP (Comcast), with both high latency and packet loss.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

New Flag! Point Siphon

Post by optic delusion »

Twenty-One Has Begun!

POINT SIPHON Is the Thief flag for points!
Coded by Zehra

The new Point Siphon flag not only steals their wins, it takes away your losses.
The killed player gets Minus 3 in their win column, while The killer gets three deaths removed from their loss column.
Also, there is one point for the regular kill... So it's a plus four point flag. AND a minus four point flag, depending on which end you are on.
If either player does not have three wins or three losses at the time of the kill, it just ignores the points, and you each gain or lose the one point as you normally would without the flag.
Two PS flags are available.

I put this out almost completely untested, so... no refunds.

Other adjustments at this time:
Removed one ShockWave flag. There are now 2 SW.
Added one STealth flag. There are now 4 ST.